Transworld Surf / editorial
Sepp VS Raph Pop Quiz featured in Transworld Surf.
1. Where was the first place Captain George Vancouver
stepped ashore on Vancouver Island in 1792?
Sepp's Answer - Nootka Sound (1pt.)
Raph's Answer - Nootka Sound (1pt.)
2. What Canadian comedian starred in
Ace Venture: Pet Detective?
Sepp - Jim Carrey (1pt.)
Raph - That's easy: Jim Carrey (1pt.)
3. Name as many species of salmon as you can.
Sepp - Sockeye, coho, spring, pink, king, silver,
Raph - Spring/chinook. coho, chum, pink, sockeye,
4. Who was the first person to surf Pipeline?
Sepp - I don't know that one (0pts)
Raph - Phil Edwards (1pt)
5. How did Canadian surf pioneer Jim Sadler originally get to Vancouver Island?
Sepp - On a ferry? (0pts)
Raph - He either hitchhiked or rode a horse. (1pt)
6. If an orca and a white shark got into a fight, who would win?
Sepp - Depends on the size, but probably the orca, which has more power (1pt)
Raph - Orca, hands down. (1pt)
[check out youtube.com/watch?v=W8GaDuCvYbE to see for yourself]
7. What is the name of the Chilean surf spot in this year's WCT Rip Curl Pro Search event?
Sepp - I have no idea. (0pts)
Raph - Africa? (0pts)
[Africa is the name of the town, but the actual spot is called El Gringo.]
8. How many days did Paris Hilton spend in jail?
Sepp - Thrity? (0pts)
Raph - A month? (0pts)
[Hilton spent 23 days in the slammer]
9.What is the official tree of British Columbia?
Sepp - Maple. (0pts)
Raph - Dogwood. (0pts)
[B.C.'s official tree is the western red cedar]
10. When Surfing in cold water, what part of your body loses the most heat?
Sepp - Head (1pt)
Raph - Your head. (1pt)
11. Who is the Stanley Cup named after?
Sepp - Lord Stanley (1pt)
Raph - Lord Stanley. Thats an easy one. You're asking that to a Canadian? (1pt)
12. Who introduced ice hockey to Canada, and what did he use as a puck?
Sepp - Lord Stanley? I don't know about the puck. (0pts)
Raph - Wayne Gretzky? that's who introduced it to me.
Whoever it was must have used a frozen apple. (0pts)
[Pierre Lapin and he used a frozen beaver bladder]
FINAL SCORE > > Sepp - 13 & Raph - 13
Neck-and-neck until the finish, Canada's two favourite surf sons ended up in a tie here,
each scoring 13 points. REMATCH!!